The Laboratory Departments of MDC are staffed by a professional team of doctors, scientists, technicians and a biomedical engineer using state of the art methods, materials and automated analyzers. Provision of accurate, reliable and timely results, interpretation and services are the primary goals of the laboratory.
Clinical Director / Head of Hematology Department
Specialty: Clinical Director and Senior Hematologist
Qualification: MD (MB.Ch.B, F.I.B.M.S.)
- MB.Ch.B from Salahaddin university /College of Medicine between 1993-1999
- FIBMS from Iraqi Board/ Ministry of Higher Education between 2003-2007
- Teaching undergraduate students at College of medicine/Hawler Medical College in 2008 until now.
- Teaching at Kurdistan Board for Medical Specialization in 2011 until now.
- Participated in several training courses in the fields of Histopathology, Hematology, Microbiology, Clinical chemistry , Hematology, HLA Typing, and Student centered learning between the years of 2003 and 2011.
- Participated in several local and international conferences between 2009 and 2012.
- Junior House doctor at Ministry of Health- Kurdistan, Iraq between 1999-2001 .
- Demonstrator in pathology department at College of Medicine/ Hawler Medical University between 2002-2003.
- Coordinator in pathology at College of Medicine/ Hawler Medical University between 2010-2011.
- Head of pathology Department at College of Medicine/ Hawler Medical University between 2011-2014.
- Member of professional organizations like Kurdistan Doctor Syndicate and Iraqi Society of Hematology.
- Scientific publications in the field of Hematology in local and international academic journals.
- Supervising a number of postgraduate (MSc) students at College of Medicine/ Hawler Medical University.
Email address: Ranan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical Hematologist
- Medical Technologist
- MSc Biology/Clinical Haematology (since 2009)
- BSc Medical Technology (since 2001)
- MedLabs Consultancy Group, Jordan (2013 till now)
- Teaching Biochemistry for Nursing Students.
- Having several publication in the field of medical technology an clinical hematology.
- Taking several training courses such as Pharmaceutical Marketing Skills Course at Jordan Pharmaceutical Association- Amman, Jordan in 2003, Part Two of BSc Fifth Year Training Course at Al Basir Hospital Laboratories, MOH- Amman, Jordan in 2001, and Part One of BSc Fifth Year Training Course at Al Hussein Medical Center Laboratories- Amman, Jordan in the year of 2000.
- Having experience in Quality Assurance protocols; ISO15189, CAP and GLPs.
Email Address: Tareq.email@example.com
Head of Biochemistry Department
Specialty: Microbiologist and Biochemist
Qualification: Diploma of Clinic Laboratory
- Head of Biochemistry Department at Medya Diagnostic Center, Erbil, Iraq 2015 to till date
- Aga Khan University Karachi,Pakistan Research Lab As a Research Coordinator (2010 to 2105)
- El Motkhtar Clinic ,Haway,Al Taif ,Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as a Lab Technologist (2008 – 2010)
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, Pakistan Senior Lab Technologist (2003 -2008)
- Aga Khan Diagnostic Centre Karachi, Pakistan Lab In charge (1998 – 2003)
- Dr, Tahir Lab, Karachi ,Pakistan Senior Technologist and departmental In charge (1996 – 1998)
- Path Lab Karachi , Pakistan Lab Technologist (1993 – 1996)
- Jinah Post graduate Medical Center ,Karachi ,Pakistan As a Trani Technician (1992-1993)
Email Address: Asif.firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Microbiology Department / QC & Safety Manager
- Clinical Microbiology (Bacteriology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology TB , Parasitology, Serology, Urinalysis and Semen Analysis)
- Laboratories Quality Assurance
- Laboratories Safety
- B.Sc in Biological Sciences
- Post-graduation in Medical Technology
- College of American Pathologist Certification (CAP Inspector)
After completion of my academic qualifications, I joined one of the most exclusive health organisations in Pakistan, The Agha Khan University Hospital, where I underwent training and was appointed the role of Medical Technologist in the Department of Microbiology in 2000. I had been associated with this organization for > 11 years.The Agha khan microbiology laboratory receives over 20,000 specimens every month. My responsibilities included:
• Identification of pathogens
• Antimicrobial susceptibility testing
• MIC by agar dilution & broth dilution method
• Working on Vitek instrument,MGIT , Bactec 460 TB, Clinetek, BACTEC 9240, fluorescent microscope, dark field microscope etc
• Working experience in Bio safety Level III Lab (BSL III) for Mycobecteriology.
In 2012 I started working with Media Diagnostic Center,one of the most premier organization in Iraq as a head of microbiology department,where we got college of American pathology (CAP) accreditation in 2013,my current responsibilities in MDC are as follow,
- Head of microbiology department (Sections:Bacteriology,Mycology,Mycobacteriology etc…)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Safety Officer
Email Address: Mahmood.email@example.com
Specialty: Senior Medical Engineer
Qualification: Certified Clinical Engineer, MSc
- Working as a Head of Technical Department, Directorate for Medical Engineering, Ministry of Health, Kurdistan Regional Government, Erbil, Iraq from 2012 until now.
- Working as a Senior Medical Engineer, Medya Diagnostic Center (MDC), Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq from 2012 until now.
- Worked as a Medical Engineer, Department of Radiation Physics at University Hospital in Linköping, Sweden from 2008 to 2012.
- Obtained Master of Science in Engineering, Medical Engineering, at the Royal Institute of Technology– Technology and Health in Stockholm, Sweden in 2009.
- Obtained Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Medical Technology, at the Royal Institute of Technology and Health – Technology and Health in Stockholm, Sweden in 2007.
- Participated in several courses such as Management 5 credits, at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm and World echo- about the human beings role in a globalised planet 5 credits, at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm between the year of 2004 and 2007.
- Medical Device Management, ensuring improved access, Quality and safe use of Medical device, The World Health Organization, Iraq in 2015.
- Certified Clinical Engineer at the level of Master of Science, Swedish Society for Biomedical Engineering and Physics, Stockholm, Sweden in 2012.
- Radiation protection training, Medical and Health Sciences IMH, Linkoping, Sweden in 2009.
Certified x-ray driver by Swedish regulations, Medical and Health Sciences IMH, Linkoping, Sweden in 2008.
Email Address: Muhammed.firstname.lastname@example.org